Auto Service Station
Brookville's finest example of early roadside architecture, this stucco-on-tile building was built by contractor John Carr for W.J. Sandt, whose Brookville firm later became the world's oldest distributor of Pennzoil petroleum products. When new, it was described as being "English architecture," and, "probably the most complete gasoline-tire-battery service and sales station in any town the size of Brookville."

Early Add for Penzoil first sold in Brookville
Pennzoil Station - Main Street - 1940s.jpg
built in 1929, was the most modern auto service in the country.

Hilton Diner: 1937 -1978. Located at the original site of the Dixie Diner, the Hilton was part of Brookville's "Golden Triange" consisting of the Sandt Garage, Sterks Newstand and Dinor all of which "Never Closed" due to the location being a bus stop on the Lakes to Sea Highway.

Hilton diner1937.png
Hilton's Diner, Opened its doors for business in1937

1960's after exterior upgrade

Hilton diner being tore down 1979.jpg

This project was developed by the Jefferson County History Center, in partnership with Historic Brookville Inc. and the Brookville Area Chamber of Commerce. Funding for this project has been provided through grants made possible by the Jefferson County Hotel Tax Committee, the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Pennsylvania Lumber Heritage Region, and Pennsylvania Great Outdoors